Monday, November 16, 2020

Photos of the last few weeks

I'm going through old photos, like 2018 photos, and I'm realizing there are so many pictures I take because I want to write something down about that moment. And well, now all those moments are more than 2 years old and I don't have any reason to keep the photos -- but I also hate to just delete them and forget those small moments that were so precious for a fleeting time.  

That made me realize I need to share some of the most recent small moment photos I've taken. Some are snapped because the kids want them remembered, like this one below of Nell. We had a week of exceptionally wonderful weather in November (I feel like we always have one nice week in November), so we made the best of it and invited multiple friends over to play -- outside, cause there is still a pandemic -- and during one of those playdates the kids traced themselves in sidewalk chalk and then drew their characters. I thought that was such a clever idea (it was our church friend, Zoe, who thought of it). Nell drew herself doing her flamingo pose on her scooter. Mara drew herself (probably withe help from Nell) as a mermaid, and Coraline was an explorer. This was just a portion of the fun we had with the Mueller family as they spent about three hours at our house (yes, outside the whole time) one afternoon.   


Our Church friends have been a big staple through all this COVID stuff. We've done a lot with the Porter's and the Martin's too, and during the years I didn't blog we had a super sweet bond with the Brady's. I'm kind of sad I don't ever capture these friendships or most our vacations on this blog. Maybe one day I'll catch up (but I also don't want every post to be me lamenting my desire to catch up, ha!)


Election day was beautiful, for many reasons, but I snapped this photo of the kids playing at our town hall because they so excitedly noticed it's a Green Bay Packers playground, ha! I tried to take a better photo, but my phone has no space on it (which is why I'm going through old pictures). I just love how Wisconsin they are. Also, I have a feeling the colors really were intentionally chosen. 


Halloween was a little different this year, but still declared the best ever. We trick or treated at just 5 houses and then went to our friend's the Morriss's to run around their backyard and be the wild kids they were all bound to be. They were dressed up, high on sugar, and enjoying a full moon, the recipe for a perfect Halloween, right?


Sometimes I spend more time than is normal trying to capture Mara's beautiful curls. I'm just convinced they won't grow back once I finally cut her hair, so I've got to remember them!




Our friends the Belnaps moved to Utah over the summer but they still managed to "BOO" us like they do every year. The kids were so excited to get a little Halloween care package in the mail. I love how these little joys can just make their evening. 

Of course there are lots of memories worth capturing that I don't ever get pictures of. Reid's been venturing over to the nature center a lot this fall, and on several occasions he'd run into other boys his age from school and stay and play for quite a while. I love that he's old enough to do that! 

Coraline and Mara have been having weekly playdates with my friend Teri's daughters. This can sometimes make Nell feel like she's getting the short end of the stick, so I made sure to invite one of her best friends over a couple weeks ago while the weather was still nice. Reid had a sleepover at Ben's after a long day hike in the state park. I'm grateful these sweet friendships can make these kids feel like their life is full and the world is still a wonderful place. The pandemic sure has made lots of things difficult -- having them all home for school is NOT my favorite thing -- but we are trying to make the best of it and learn the importance of family love along the way. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...