Saturday, November 22, 2008

The World of Books


I'm thankful that everytime I read I learn something new.

I'm thankful that reading can open my mind to new cultures and people.

I'm thankful that finishing a good books feels like I've just taken a vacation somewhere new.

I'm thankful for writers who aren't afraid to tell the truth.

I'm thankful I can be moved by a good romance, no matter how many times I've read it before.

I'm thankful there are books that will teach my children tolerance.

I'm thankful for books that changed the world.

I'm thankful that every now and then I get to curl up with an adorable nephew or niece and read to him or her.

1 comment:

Claudia said...

I am so pleased that you love books so much. Do you still remember learning how to read with me screaming and yelling at you for not remembering the words you knew the night before! You learned in spite of my lousy help! Thank heavens!
Love, Pa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...