Tuesday, March 6, 2018

The things that aren't pictured

A nice heavy snow finally found it's way to Oshkosh. As I shoveled our driveway (and 2.5 neighbors driveways) this afternoon I thought of how much fun I would have making a snowman with my kids once they came home from school. Turns out, they didn't even need me to make the snowman with them. Reid rolled the whole thing himself, and Nell helped with the arms, eyes, mouth, and buttons.

By the time Mara and I finally got out there, we focused all our efforts on sledding. The big kids even pulled a little toddler seat sled out of the garage for Mara. It was perfect. She sat up in that yellow seat and was so still as I pulled her all around the back yard.

The three others climbed up our neighbors back hill. I gave them each about a dozen pushes down. Man they were loving it; especially Coraline as she spun backward on more than one run. Reid was pretty self sufficient and spent most his time using the run and jump technique. Their smiles and giggles were made of pure joy. And I loved every minute of it.

I didn't capture any photos, and I'm noticing lately that without photos I'm not too keen on remember things. Hopefully these few words will be enough to hold on to such a lovely afternoon. I love mothering and I'm so grateful I get to spend time at home with my kids each day. 

1 comment:

Claudia said...

I am grateful you get to spend your time home with my grannies too! Sounded like a fun winter day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...