Sunday, September 21, 2008

Good Weekend

Saturday morning started with a 5K race. I barely showed up on time because I got lost twice. Well, first I thought it was just a neighborhood over, but then I realized it was outside of the beltway, approximately 30 minutes away. I finally got there, threw their free t-shirt over my own t-shirt and started the race. I really liked this one. It had a lot of little hills and a bunch of turns, which made me think "the end is just around the corner." Which it never was, but that thought really kept me going. So I actually ran the whole thing. I'd like to thank my little brother Phil. His words of encouragement kept me going the whole way. But the sad thing is, my time was the same as it was when I ran/walked my first 5K. At least I know I can run the whole thing during my Triathlon.

I went shopping, came home, took a nap, and then got ready to go to Hershey, PA for little Livy's 1st birthday. I was running about 20 minutes late when I hit the worst traffic I have ever been in in my life! (Yes Ali and Heidi it was worse than our Freshman year trip home). I was completely stopped for about 45 minutes. It took 1 hour and 15 minutes to go about 3 and 1/2 miles.








But I didn't waste all that time. No, I wrapped the presents and read a book! And took these pictures of course.

I finally made it to Hershey. I can't believe how big Livy is since the last time I saw her. She's walking all over the place. Her and Jaedon are just the best of buddies. They rode around in her little Barbie jeep together. It was so cute. Too bad I didn't get any pictures. But here are some pictures from her party.Opening presents. Jaedon was a big help of course. Mel made the cutest little princess cake. Livy loved it. Jaedon loved Livy's fairy outfit. He took the skirt right off her. He also loved the little purse I gave her. He is just too cute. Livy eating her cake. She loved the frosting and was probably a little dissapointed when she went to wipe her eyes and ended up getting cake all over her face.

It was a great afternoon/evening. Thanks Jon and Mel.

3 comments:

Kelli said...

Liz, my brother is at USU and is taking the LSAT in two weeks. His #1 choice is Georgetown. So I may have to put him in touch with you guys and you can give him the lowdown. I hope all is well! I love that you're training for a triathlon!! Good luck!

Claudia said...

Way to go Betty! I'm proud of you for running the entire distance. I can't even run to the mailbox! I'm glad you got to attend Livy's first birthday. The pictures were awesome! Those two are so adorable, I wish they lived a little closer. Have a great week, sweetie. I love you. Pa

Whitney Blake said...

WAY TO GO!!! You are truly amazing, is your triathlon in Oct?? Congrats on the 5k.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...