Monday, November 17, 2008

10 Days of Thankful

My friend Tara is counting down to Thanksgiving with "10 Days of Thankful" posts. She invited anyone to join in and I thought that sounded like something I need in life right now. So here's to day 10.I am thankful for My Testimony and The Holy Ghost. I don't know where I would be with out either. I feel that with out the Holy Ghost I wouldn't have my testimony and with out my testimony my life would be pretty meaningless. I am so thankful I had parents who raised me in the ways of the Gospel. I'm sure there were times it was hard but they were always adamant about family prayer. And that has made all the difference. Thank you Thank you Thank you.

I know the Church is true and I just wish everyone I loved knew that same simple truth.

3 comments:

Claudia said...

Bettylou,
Thanks for your testimony. You can't begin to imagine what it means to a parent to hear, read, watch a testimony! You made my evening.
As usual, your memory does play some tricks on you -- I don't remember that we ALWAYS had family prayer. Maybe if you count at the dinner table!!! We did try...
Love, Pa

The Briggs Clan said...

Liz thanks for always posting things like this. Your the best I can;t wait to see you at christmas. I am also so sorry I didn;t get a phone call or facebook or anything out to you on your bid day! I meant to but moving that weekend and then no internet for a week, well I forgot....yes loser friend award! But I can't wait to see you! forgive me k?!?!

Claudia said...

Thanks for sharing your thankful day post. What a wonderful idea! One night when I was experiencing anxiety (who me?) I decided to lay in bed and think of all the wonderful little ways He had blessed me that day. Wasn't long before the anxiety disappeared and I was sawing logs. Gratitude is a great attribute. And, yes we have so much to be grateful for. He is so good and kind to all of us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...