Tuesday, November 25, 2008

They make my world go round

I forgot to take my camera to school today to take photos of today's gratefulness . . . my students. I love them so much. I love that Malika shows up with hair as wild as Lindsay Lohan's life style. I love that I had to threaten to pick Danielle up and actually remove her from the library before she would leave. I love that the Volleyball girls drop by the gym to check out the Basketball team, almost as if they are overprotective about sharing me. I love that everyday I have to tell Larnell not to sit at my desk. I love that Markell does every assignment I ever give him, even though none of his friends do. I love that when I walk the hall I hear shouts for Mrs. Szilagyi, from last years students, and occasionally from students I don't even know. I love them more than they will ever be able to comprehend. I'm so grateful I finally have a job that feels like a career. Something I look forward to everyday and don't mind sacrificing all my time and energy for.

2 comments:

Ji and Haley said...

Liz I am so glad your so happy! I love reading your blog.

Jess's Journey to the Land Of Skinny said...

Your job sounds amazing and so so hard at the same time. I know you are making such a difference in those kids lives! Keep up the great work!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...