Saturday, December 20, 2008

Christmas in DC

Ben finally took me to the Temple to see the lights. I've been wanting to go ever since we got back from Illinois but he kept using finals as an excuse. So lame.

I love the DC temple at Christmas, even more than SLC. Here are my reasons why: not just white people, not just members, (as we were walking in the little girl ahead of us said "look mommy, a castle" to which she replied "It's a church. It's the Mormon Temple." So great!) and the visitor center had the greatest display of photos, Reflections of Christ. It moved me to tears.

For Christmas Ben's parents bought us the sweetest camera. Ben has become quite the photog. He took like 100 pictures at the temple. I thought this one was really cool, with my reflection and all.

After the temple we went downtown and enjoyed our annual ice skating extravaganza. Since 1990 I've been dreaming about ice skating outside in a big city. So Ben was a sweetheart and helped me realize my dream. It was just as romantic and dreamy as I imagined.
Like a kid in a candy store. I was loving it. This is the only way we could take a picture and have the rink show in the background.

We got a picture before Ben left the ice. He didn't last as long as me. Wuss cakes.

3 comments:

Winsor said...

Wow! I love the pictures. What a beautiful temple! John and I went ice skating in New York City. We had a blast.

Alison said...

I love the scene in Serendipity where they are ice skating in an outdoor rink. I'm so jealous!! What a perfect way to spend a holiday night.

Can't wait to see you, you should be home sweet home by now!!

Casie said...

That looks like so much fun and the temple is beautiful! Merry Christmas!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...