Monday, November 18, 2013

Thank You Sarah Palin

I know I'm late on this, but I didn't want my appreciation to go un-noted.

So thank you Sarah Palin, thank you for reaffirming everything I believe about religion and politics and politics and religion.

The fact that Pope Francis has come under fire from conservatives for reminding them of their duty to take care for the poor is amazing to me. He stands by the bible in condemning greed. He suggests we offer the sinner sympathy before judgement.

What a wonderfully liberal man!

PS Though I'm usually not a Bill Maher fan, I did love his tweet "If she thinks Pope Francis is liberal wait until she sees what Jesus has been saying!"

1 comment:

Megan said...

Thank you for sharing this. It bothers me that so many people try to put a political spin on religion. This happens on the left and the right. Everyone seems to want religion to support their political views. I doubt Pope Francis is condemning greed because he wants to win popularity among political liberals. He condemns greed and offers mercy because that's what Christ did and wants us to do. I hate it when people try to say either that we should pay higher taxes and give government handouts because religious people must endorse helping the poor through government means or that if a religious leader advocates helping the poor they are heretical because government handouts are bad. I just don't see the connection. Pope Francis is talking about individuals. Get rid of your greed as an individual. He says it's not about the money, it's about the attitude. Help individuals. Be kind to individuals. Extend mercy to individuals. Just because he doesn't think abortion and gay marriage should be the main topics of every mass doesn't mean he is trying to change church doctrine. Maybe he's taking the focus back to what it should have always been and politics have nothing to do with it. Ugh. To both the media and the politicians. Ugh.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...