Monday, January 27, 2014

Four quick thoughts

1. Here's the truth about kids and toys:
 See all those toys? And see what she chooses to play with?
But look at how much fun she's having. I suppose I can't really blame her.
Kids love to make non-toy items their favorite toy.

2. We were suppose to have our new neighbors (a young couple with a boy Nell's age) over for dinner tonight -- as a kind, "get to know you" gesture. They were set to arrive at 6:00 pm. Nell threw up at 4:30 pm. So at 5:00 pm, when Ben got home, I walked over there with one of my freezer dinners, a bag of salad, and half a dozen cookies. I guess we'll have to get to know them on a later date.

Nell doesn't appear to be sick though. I don't really know what happened. I was vacuuming and talking to my mom on the phone when I heard Reid ask me what was on Nell's sleeve. It looked like puke, so before smelling it I asked him where it came from. "Her mouth" he answered. So then I smelled it. And it was puke. Only an ounce or two, and she was totally in good spirits. It is the most mysterious puke I've ever seen. But we cancelled dinner anyway. Better safe than sorry.

3. I'm so grateful I have laundry to fold. Monday is (usually) my laundry day. And tonight while I sat on the couch next to Ben, prepared to fold five loads while we watched the latest episode of Sherlock, I decided to tell him how grateful I am that I get to fold his laundry. Obviously, I hate laundry like any mother to young children should, but I am grateful I have five loads (or more) of laundry to fold each week. Laundry is just one more reminder that my life is full.

4. Reid now knows the way to Grandma and Grandpa's house. "We drive on the highway and then through the country side and then passed the trestle bridge and then we're at Gramma and Gramma Lodgy's house!" He even knows that we do all this headed South (well, mostly South). He's such an observant traveler, and of course Ben always answers all his questions with the most detailed and correct answers possible. I love it!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...