Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Just Sayin

Some things puzzle me.

Like post round ups. I'm fine with a basic round up of 10, even 25 different ideas. Be they party themes, homemade gifts, crafts for the letter L, whatever -- a simple list with 25 or fewer is fine.

If you don't spend much time reading blogs or scrolling through pinterest you may have no idea what I am talking about.

Lucky you.

Now, I'm not trying to be a hater. I avoid negativity where possible. But some things just puzzle me. Like this:

 Ultimate Popcorn Recipes Round Up - 100 of the BEST Sweet and Savory Popcorn Recipes!

One-hundred of the best popcorn recipes? First, are there really 100 different ways to make popcorn? And at what point is it no long popcorn? I mean, some of that is just trail mix that happens to have popcorn in it.

Second, when you claim "of the best" you are reaching for the top 10%. Are there really 1,000 different ways to make popcorn, and has anyone really tried each of them and judged which ones are best?

Don't get me wrong, scrolling through that list made me want to try a few things. Cookies and cream popcorn, yes please! I don't pass up anything with Oreo's in it. And I looked for a curry popcorn under the savory list, but there isn't one. How can there be 100 best popcorn recipes and none of them have curry in them? Saracha, but no curry? Saracha popcorn would kill me. Knock. Me. Out. I don't even know if my hubby, who adds saracha to everything -- everything -- would like that.

So what is my point? Obviously this post won't put an end to ridiculously long round up lists, and it won't stop anyone from pinning the above image.

I don't know, I guess I don't have a point. Sometimes we just need something to complain about.

And tonight, I picked popcorn round ups. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...