Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Potty Mouth Stage

Reid's at the age where he loves the word poop. Loves, loves, loves it -- in all its variations. He knows he gets in trouble for saying it outside the bathroom, but he's found ways around it. "Party pooper" is his current catch phrase. The moment those words slipped out of my mouth (about a week ago) I immediately knew it was a mistake.

My newest approach is actually to just ignore him. Ben still gets mad at him, but I act like I didn't even hear it. In fact, one day last week I may have told him he liked the word poop so much we should just change his name to Poop Szilagyi. And I did call him poop the entirety of that day. I'm glad to report it tamed his use of the word.

But my cleverness came too late and little sister had already caught on to the humor of potty talk.


In case you missed it, that's "Follow the prophet don't go astray socky man poopy ahhhhhhhh. I say poopy butt!" What a lovely song!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Why won't it let me see the video?? It says this video is private. Oh my POOP!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...