Saturday, November 1, 2014

Wasted Saturday

I tried to potty train Nell today. Total failure. Waste of a potentially productive Saturday. I spent the entire day inside monitoring her, and without a doubt anytime I'd leave her for 30 seconds to go put something away or use the bathroom myself, she'd wet her underwear. Sometimes it was even seconds after she'd sat on the toilet.

I'm so stubborn. I don't want to give up. I don't want the whole day to be in vain. But, she sure doesn't seem ready.

A couple days ago she was fresh out of the tub and headed to her bedroom to put her jammies on. She stopped at the bathroom doorway and screamed that she was going to poop. So I told her to run back to her little potty and go. She did (pees, anyway). We all had a huge dance and I figured for sure she was ready for training. Perhaps if she were naked she would be, but I'm not a fan of naked training. Or maybe I'm not brave enough for it. I don't know, but I'm not going that route.

Looks like we'll be back to two in diapers soon. Sigh. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...