Saturday, May 16, 2015

Our Week in a Nutshell (and phone photos)

The kids found a bird nest in our front yard. They were very disappointed they couldn't find the eggs that once belonged inside. 

We took lots of bike rides. Nell is a master ziggle rider. 

I bought my first "women's plus size" clothing. And I'm proud of it (that's not why I took the below picture, but it is how I am documenting it).

I celebrated my body image love by eating an entire bag of chocolate in the 24 hours that followed my purchase (whoops).  

Reid took an impromptu nap on the couch (we were going to read books, but I guess I took too long changing Coraline's diaper).

So I spent the next ninety minutes snuggling my sweet baby (and taking bathroom selfies). 
Eventually, she also fell asleep and that meant I had all three kids (and a spouse) napping at the same time (on a Friday afternoon). A choir of angels sang "Hallelujah" and I studied my scriptures, mid-day, on the back porch. It was good for the soul. Until Reid woke up with the horrible news that he'd peed all over my couch. Sigh.

Later, the best buddies went fishing in our front yard. I love imagination. And friendship.

This afternoon Ben decided to make a bench swing for my favorite tree.




He survived to tell the tale. But there was a split second where I thought he was going to fall 30 feet, quickly followed by a split second where I realized my husband is a monkey and a super strong one at that. I don't even know how to explain the crazy maneuver he did in that tree. But we are both grateful those scrapes (and similar ones on his other arm and belly/chest) are the only damage done.

I actually miss blogging every day. I enjoy capturing the moments we share together as a family. There were many other wonderful things that happened this week that I didn't snap any pictures of. Perhaps I'll mention those later. Last year, as I blogged every day, I found this piece of wisdom to be very true: "As I kept at (journaling), something began to happen. As I would cast my mind over the day, I would see evidence of what God had done for one of us that I had not recognized in the busy moments of the day ... I realized that trying to remember had allowed God to show me what He had done." President Henry B. Eyring, O Remember, Remember (Oct 2007)

I want to blog more because I want to remember, and I want my kids to remember, what God has done for our little family. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ouch! So sorry, Ben. Can't wait to try out the new swing. It looks awesome!
Great photos sis. Thanks for sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...