Monday, July 6, 2015

(An Old) Answer Me This and our Sunday Hike

 1. How long have you lived in your current home?
Three years and 10 days! It has gone by so fast. Our yard is my favorite thing about our house. Oh, the location too! The house itself is nice, but it's really the lot that I am in love with.

2. How do you find out about news and current events?
Read, read, read. I am a big advocate of reading the news. So much more efficient than watching. I check NPR several times throughout the day, but I also click on news links other share via facebook ... mostly Washing Post and New York Times stuff. Occasionally I'll check other sites, but I'm pretty choosy when it comes to news sources.

3. Would you be able to make change for a twenty right now? For a dollar?
Yes, I won't tell you where I hide it, but we have a stash of babysitter money in this house. That's the only cash I ever have on me.

4. What's the craziest food you've ever eaten?
Durian. Ugh, durian!

5. Which of the commonly removed parts have you had removed? (tonsils, wisdom teeth, appendix, etc.)
Just my wisdom teeth (and some moles, if we're counting those).

6. What's your favorite sport to watch on TV? 
College Basketball, but I don't watch sports -- ever. I enjoy figure skating during the Winter Olympics. I'll watch any Basketball, but I typically prefer college over pro for everything but Baseball.

We took a family hike yesterday, we have to get the kids (and ourselves) ready for South East Utah! We went out to Ben's favorite spot, a pelican sanctuary right on the lake.

Almost the moment we got out of the van a woman came over to tell us she and her daughter were about to catch a huge frog. So we let the kids run off with her and watch the whole thing take place. They were in heaven. She put some tadpoles in a bucket for them as well. Hopefully Nell didn't traumatize the little thing. She was pretty obsessed.


We took a family selfie on the trail. It's always windy out on the lake, but overall it isn't a bad selfie of all five of us.


These two though. Love! Ben really wants to practice carrying her in this pack, so we don't miss any of the beauty in the three national parks we'll be enjoying late this summer. Can't wait!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...