Monday, July 27, 2015

Boopsy

Yesterday at Church I overheard a visitor ask Nell her name and she said "I'm Nelly Belly." Most frequently, she responds to Boops. 

This girl is full of so much character it kills me! 




Superhero, mermaid, mommy, what is it? She can't just be one, she must be all three! She is the Queen of making up nonsense words. My mom sent her and Reid little dollar store toys in the mail (the purple thing she is clutching in the above photo) and she called them Pufferbillies the moment they started playing with them. It wasn't rare to hear her yell "Where's my pufferbilly?" just as she was about to fall asleep each night. He had to be in her bed with her -- along with two books, seven stuffed animals, and all the other junk we'll allow. 

She also loves to talk baby talk. Lately she's even been acting an awful lot like a baby. 



Wearing a bib probably isn't that bad of an idea though ...


She is the messiest eater! Also, the grossest. Earlier this evening she was picking every kind of plant that grows in our lawn and eating them (and trust me, there is a lot more than grass out there). Even after I mentioned "poison" she kept on picking and eating. Earlier this summer, she licked an ant hill. An ant hill! 




She loves to poop in our little pool. I mean play, play in our little pool (but seriously, something about swim diapers just makes her poop). She is pretty whiny when she gets hurt, but she also knows how to handle things on her own. That top photo of them standing in the water table is her reacting to Reid hitting her with that yellow cup, the bottom photo is her throwing the purple bucket at him. 

Nell's a fiesty little thing. She screams and roars and sasses like the best of them! She can be pretty defiant as well, always making me count all the way to three before dragging her out of the room. At the same time she is the sweetest little sibling. She loves kissing on Coraline and plays so well with Reid. Every morning she gets a new diaper and picks out her clothes and marches around the house until she finds Ben. He loves their little routine. 


While Reid's been at tot time we've made a habit of window shopping at Target. She loves to play with the "girl toys." She spends almost all her time pushing on the Sofia the First and Doc McStuffins karaoke toys and then dancing down the aisle. It's my favorite! I love watching her dance, and some days I even let loose and dance with her. Who cares if someone is watching? I love these little moments with my girl!


Before long I realized I was turning her into a little shopaholic (even though we rarely bought anything), so lately we've been going to the "YMZsA!" She's convinced she is going to start preschool with Reid in the Fall, and I'm thinking I better do something about it or she's going to be completely lost without him! 

2 comments:

Grandpa B said...

The video was private! I get the message...
Love the blog on Nell. She is pretty dang cute...

Jodi Rae said...

Oh my goodness! She reminds me so much of my Allie! What a sweet and adventurous little girl!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...