Monday, January 9, 2017

Story #1*

What is your earliest memory of feeling proud of yourself -- at school, in sports, in art or music, in a club or scouting?

I remember feeling proud of myself when I made a new friend, Hejdi Nelson, at the start of 1st grade.

I remember feeling proud of myself during an elementary hula hoop contest because my hoop fell to my knees with the very first spin, but I kept on going! I can't remember if I won, but I know I was one of the finalists. I was not going to give up just because things didn't start out perfectly.

*I am going to participate in the familysearch.org #52stories project. I will write a personal memory or journal entry each week for the entire year. At the end I will leave behind a little family history for myself and my posterity. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...