Sunday, September 17, 2017

A snippit from Instagram

When my blog writing lags I get a little more wordy on other social media sites. The below photo and words were posted to Instagram and Facebook on August 11th. 

"When I reflect back on my life, I group chunks of years by the experience that defined them. There's childhood, the college years, DC teacher years, etc. I have always loved living life and I remember each chunk, (yes, even the teens) with fondness.
I wonder what emotions and memories I'll recall years from now, as I look back at what can only be defined as the baby years. Will I mostly remember the loneliness? The messes? My tired yet sedentary body?
I decided to snap this picture as a reminder that this is what the baby years looked like. Two loves fighting for a spot on my lap. Kiddos who smile easily when I tenderly tickle their bellies.
It's hard to believe it now, but one day this phase (this one I've been stuck in for almost seven years now) will simply be a distant and fond memory - - an experience that was just a short chunk of years."

And then on August 26th I had another moment where I thought "Oh, you gotta get a picture of this. It also captures 'two loves fighting for a spot on my lap.' Only this time it was a little too literal. 

Seriously, they both carried on screaming and shoving for a ridiculously long period of time. I certainly can't remember what it was all about this many weeks later. But it's only fair to save both pictures as symbols of kids fighting for a spot on my lap.

In Coraline's defense, Reid should not be crying and carrying on like that at his age. But in Reid's defense, Coraline won't let anyone cuddle me when she is around. Just looking at this picture, I can practically hear her yelling, "My nuggles! My nuggles! No Reidy. Go. A. Way. My nuggles" Also, she's hitting him over the head as I envision this.

Sigh.

Motherhood.  

1 comment:

Claudia said...

You need to clone yourself! So they each have their own, personal mama lap space! This too shall pass...and then you will want to re-create it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...