Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Mara Joy's First Birthday

Well, I totally dropped the ball on this one. Mara's birthday came and went and I didn't write a single thing down. She's almost 16 months now, geesh! I would just skip it completely, but this is our family's last first birthday. It cannot be missed.

Hmmm, I think she only had about two teeth (her teeth have been really late coming in). She was standing unassisted, but not walking yet (she took her first real steps on Thanksgiving day). She's pleasant and cuddly and loves to read books. I'd complain about her terrible sleeping, but I'm not really sure if that was a thing back in November. It probably was, but what other milestones should I make note of.

She loves communicating in her own little baby way. She offers the sweetest kisses, both by request and totally unsolicited. She loves watching her siblings interact with each other. She sucks her thumb and rests her pointer finger on her nose in the shape of a hook. She loves laying her head on Ben and I's shoulder when we hold her.

She will go to other people, and has taken a particular interest in a friend from Church (this interest was probably starting right around her first birthday).

Oh, I know one thing she absolutely loved at about age 1, the stairs! Whenever the basement door would open she would crawl over there as fast as she could and then she'd just slide herself right down. She also used her sprint crawl when it was bath time. She'd hear that faucet turn on and get moving, whether the bath was for her or someone else. Those were hands down her two favorite things to do at this age.

I think that's just about all I can remember. A lot happens and changes in four short months and I know she's already such a different little person now than she was then. We gave her a giant cupcake to celebrate her first year of life. She seemed to like the frosting, but I think her favorite part was all the attention. She was very aware of her siblings smiling stares and you could just tell she loved that. She does have a special sort of twinkle in her eye when they are smiling at her.





Even though it has been nearly four months, I can just tell that in that last picture she is looking at Reid and Nell, and thinking "they seem to like it when I pick up this big chunk. What else can I do to make them giggle at me?"

We all sure love our Mara Joy and our family definitely would not be complete without her!

1 comment:

Claudia said...

Can't believe little Mara Joy is already one! My how time flies! We are certainly happy she is a part of our clan! She has always been such a happy baby, hope she stays that way! Happy belated First Birthday Mara Joy! Looked as if she enjoyed her pretty pink ginormous cupcake!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...