Sunday, November 18, 2018

Leaves and Snow

We enjoyed one beautiful Saturday where we were all able to work outside together, raking up the leaves. It felt kind of defeating though, because as I looked up at our trees, I saw even more leaves still clinging to the branches. But the weather was going to change and it was our best chance to be outside without freezing.



Leaves, leaves everywhere.

My crew of helpers

The big kids raked this nest up by the ditch all by themseles

The little girls enjoyed the pile I raked between the two big maples up front

Well, the weather did change. A wind (and rain) came in that night and knocked all the leaves off our three red maple trees and started shaking things off our two huge silver maples. That whole week was pretty chilly and by my birthday morning we had our first snow.

They were out playing by 6:40am

See what I mean by still clinging to its leaves?

Yup, all our leaves were still sitting in huge piles, waiting for the rest of their family and friends to finally fall and join them. Tomorrow is the last day for leaf pickup, and I can tell you that our silver maples still have a good amount of leaves on them.

If finally reached above freezing on Thursday, so I mowed everything up and bagged it. Well, almost everything. I still have the two big piles up front to mow and bag. I know we've lived here 7 Falls, but the amount of leaves that fall, and the lateness with which they fall, still just always amazes me. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...