Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Siblings are our best friends

Last Tuesday the kids had an absolute ball playing with Ben. Hopefully 100 years from now this video still appears with the story, but incase it doesn't, I'll try to give you the visual.

Some friends gave us a little toddler tent that has plastic balls in them. It's kind of a common toy, individualizing the ball pit fun of my own childhood days (nod to chuckee cheese). Somehow, Coraline discovered the balls fit perfectly in Ben's mouth if you shoved them in just right. Hilarity ensued as the kids spent the next three solid minutes shoving the toy balls into Ben's mouth only to have him shoot them back out at them.

Mara's giggles in this video are just priceless. This was three minutes of pure heaven for these kids. It came on the heels of an afternoon where they'd already all been playing really well together. When we finally got things settled for bedtime I followed Reid and Nell downstairs to read books and tuck them up. They were still giggling about the whole ordeal and Nell asked Reid "Reid, who are your favorite people to spend your time with? I mean, who do you really love to play with the most?" There was a brief pause as Reid tried to figure out the question, and then Nell said "Like, would you rather play with your friends or you family, because I think my family is my BEST FRIENDS in the whole world."

Reid jumped for joy and said "that ball thing was the best 12 seconds of my life." And in that moment right there, my bucket was overflowing. I've remembered that feeling a lot this past week, as it has carried me through some parenting difficulties. My heart is full to realize my kids think the most fun and the greatest happiness they can experience takes place right here in our home. 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...