Sunday, October 6, 2019

Nell's Birthday Interview


How old are you? Seven
What makes you happy? Panda (her giant panda stuffed animal)
What is your favorite animal? Red Pandas
What is your favorite thing to eat? Salmon
What is your least favorite thing to eat? People 😂😂😂
What is your favorite thing to do? Read books
What is your favorite TV show? Carmen San Diego
What are you really good at? Snuggling Panda
What is your favorite Movie? The Greatest Showman
What is your favorite color? Teal/Mint Green/Aqua/Turquoise/(Family)
What is your favorite song? You Are My Sunshine and Silent Night
Who are your best friends? Ellary, Addy, Elsie, Dougie, Greg, Aubryn, and Georgia
What do you and your mom do together? Play Board GamesW
hat do you and your dad do together? Screens and TV
Where is your favorite place to go? Bookworm Gardens (Sheboygan, WI)
What is your favorite Sport? Baton
What is your favorite book? Charlotte's Web
What do you want to be when you grow up? A Dance Teacher

We loved celebrating out little Belle Nell's birthday. (Last) Friday (her actual birthday) was a pretty low key day at our house. Judging by that picture, it was rainy (it feels like it is always rainy lately). I had a Halloween necklace craft that she was able to take to class and pass out to her friends. She was so excited by that, that she decided to write everyone a card too. She decorated blank paper with Halloween stamps and then wrote "(Name) I love you. Love Nell." on the backside of each paper. Then she taped the necklace on to each sheet. It was very classic Nell to want to add the cards. And she knew just about every kid in the class without even needing a class list, though we did get one so we could "make a list and check it twice."


She requested a Hatchimal cake, and happily shared her new hatchimals with her siblings (they each got two and she got four). She also requested Salmon for dinner and Crepes for breakfast. I think she was a little disappointed in both, but I'm not sure she is ready to admit her food tastes are changing. Grandma and Grandpa Szilagyi and Aunt Lauren each sent a present to open, so we did that after cake and ice cream. Our ward was having a game night, and she had requested (after it was announced on Sunday) that we go. Unfortunately, there was only four other people there, but two of them were the sister missionaries so that made her super happy. Ben was a big party pooper and opted to pass when he identified the only vehicles in the parking lot, 😂! 


On Saturday I took the three big kids to Target so Nell could pick something to buy with her birthday money from Grandma and Grandpa Bassett. She picked a hatching toy, of course. I also almost lost Coraline, but thankfully a kind guest saw my panic and let me know that the little girl in the dress was headed toward the grocery section with two Target workers because the girl told them that's where her mom was going (face palm). I ran through the store yelling her name and finally spotted the three of them just a few aisle's away from the checkout. Just in time to avoid the "would Coraline's mom please come to customer service" call, I'm sure. Uh, she's such a little stink. 



After lunch we went a picked up two of Nell's favorite friends and headed to Fire Escape. We have told each of the kids that instead of a present from us this year, they get an experience and they are allowed to invite one friend along. Well, Nell couldn't choose between these two and since I adore both of them (and their moms) so much, I caved and let her invite them both! I never mentioned it was a birthday party, but they both showed up with presents, so now I'm wondering if Nell told them both to bring something 🙈. After our painting experience we went to Dairy Queen for ice cream and to open the presents. Reid and Coraline were both in on all the fun as well. I kind of regret that decision. I mean, I want my kids to see their siblings as their closest friends who are also part of their birthday fun, but sometimes siblings are rotten and jealous and kind of display their absolute worst behavior around your friends and that's both embarrassing and disappointing. So I think I might be rethinking the siblings coming along to parties thing next year (though I'm sure I'll forget all this by then, like I did last year (pst, it's been Reid both years ... jealous, Reid ruins Nell's party fun).

Anyway, that's more than you care to know rambling. I mean, thirty years later am I all that curious about my 7th birthday? No, no I am not. But here you go Belle Nell. This is what your childhood was like. We tried to make it as magical as you are because you deserve all the happiness life has to offer. I just want your little heart to be at peace. I want you to trust people and be kind, but to also know how to protect yourself. I want to help nourish that spiritual fire you were born with. You are so curious and connected to your Heavenly Mother, and I'm grateful that feels natural to you at such a young age. I'm also a little in awe of that. I truly believe you were made for this day and that you will accomplish great things in your life. You are a gift Belle Nell, one so great we will never be able to repay you for the love you have given us. Always remember that I love you Nell. That's the cherished memory that will really matter to us both thirty years from now. 😘😘😘 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...