Monday, July 7, 2008

My Favorite Holiday

I love the 4th of July. Even more than Christmas. And this year was no exception. Ben and I had a great time. Too bad I don't have any pictures. Wednesday we took off to Cleveland, that's where his mom and dad are from. We met up with his parents and four of his sisters there, and a bunch of Aunts, Uncles, and Cousins. We didn't really do anything spectacular, it was just a nice, relaxing vacation. His Aunt has a pool so we spent our days (and a couple nights) swimming around. It's a nice diving pool so we had fun jumping in and out of the water.

We ate lunch on a dock near Lake Erie one day. Watched the fireworks go off over the lake, and froze. It was really cold for the middle of summer. We played a couple rounds a Scrabble and Rumikube. Went shopping and just hung out. It was a lot of fun to spend time with family and just get away for the weekend.

Today and tomorrow I have Cub Scout camp, the boys love it. Even though it is hotter than hell outside. They just go go go. I love the boys in our ward. Their parents did such a good job, they are all such nice kids. And we work with some amazing sisters. This one lady is like the ultimate mom. So kind, one of the most selfless people I know. I love it.

Tomorrow my friends fly into town, I'm so excited. I'll take a bunch of pictures of that. Bye for now!

2 comments:

Devin and Chrissy said...

Hey Liz its Chrissy Hood Dude Bennett's niece I found you on here that is soo cool. You have to add my blog so you can see my kiddos and my family. You dont live that far from me I am in the good ol midwest. Well I hope to talk to you soon and catch up. Cute blog by the way

Claudia said...

Wow, Liz! You'll have to tell Chrissy hi for me. I would like to know all about her. Her picture and hubby look cute. I always really really liked Chrissy. Give her my best!
I am so excited for your girls to come! You will have so much fun. Margie, Mom and I are keeping tabs on your goings and comings and are excited to hear all the skivvy. Make sure you remember who you are! Don't want to read anything in the Chronicle's Police Blotter.
Love, Pa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...