Thursday, August 6, 2009

Back 2 Skool

Any teacher knows, the person who really stays up all night worrying about the first day of classes is THE TEACHER! But I'm almost nervous about how un-nervous I am so far. The only fears I've developed to date include:

The kids might actually be smarter than me this year (and I'm stepping down to middle school!)
The parents will actually be involved
I'll have to grade more homework
I now have two Korean-American bosses (instead of just the one)
I remember myself in middle school . . . I'm in serious trouble!

On the plus side:

Some kids might actually be smarter than me this year
The parents will be involved
The kids will do their homework
I'll have two Korean-American bosses (a principal in control, yeah)
I remember myself in middle school . . . it's going to hysterical!

4 comments:

Claudia said...

I love it! Sleep tight my little one!

Casie said...

Haha, that's an awesome list. I remember those feelings before school started. Good luck!

Kelli said...

I'm excited for you! I LOVED teaching at a junior high ...and I didn't expect to. I taught 7th, 8th, and 9th graders.

I just realized that this is the first fall I will not be going back to school in 19 years. I will miss teaching! I hope you love your new school.

By the way, my brother just moved to Fairfax and is starting law school at George Mason. And we just got to West Virginia and one of the first people I met was your good ol' buddy, Devin Lindstrom. Small world!

Jen said...

I hear you. I've already started having school nightmares. My year as a jr. high teacher was awesome. You'll love it. Most days I just sat back and chuckled silently to myself as they went on and on about all the drama in their lives. Always entertaining.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...