Saturday, November 28, 2009

1987

In the last post I mentioned a favorite Bassett family tradition: the Christmas ornaments.

I've decided that each day from now till Christmas I'll post a picture and an explanation for each ornament. My parents will love this. No one else will probably care, and that's fine. But keep checking in cause I'm bound to still post entries about everyday living.
I'll start with my second favorite one, since my favorite one is MIA (as mentioned yesterday). In 1987 my parents bought me these Crayola mice. I don't remember loving to color, or do anything artsy for that matter. I do remember painting once with Mandi Turner. I came up from a sneeze with a paintbrush up my nose. We laughed so hard as thin blood ran out my right nostril. That story summarizes about how artsy I remember being as a child.

But in 1987 I would have been in half day preschool and I'm sure I just loved it. I'm not really sure why this one has always been one of my favorites, I think the colors and the details just fascinated me as a child. I remember my mom and dad getting mad at me each year because I played with this one so much they were convinced I'd break it. If you look close you can see a little tear in the bottom corner. I think it adds character.

Thanks Mom and Dad for loving me so much!

1 comment:

Claudia said...

As I remember you DID love to color at the counter (the entry for 1987 says "Crayola Crayons because you love to color."), but it probably had to do alot with the fact that you were in Pre-School.
We're glad you are enjoying your ornaments so much. It was a very fun time for us as parents to pick out the "perfect" ornament for our little ones. Can't wait to see what you spotlight tomorrow.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...