Monday, April 5, 2010

Dear Mr Reid

The below mentioned event and other media research inspired this:

"Dear Senator Reid,

I feel inspired to let you know how much I admire and appreciate the service you've given our country. I, like you, grew up in a small West Desert town, attended Utah State University, am an active member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Later-day Saints, and a very proud Democrat. As a result, I've become fascinated with your political career.

I admire that anytime the press mentions your religion, you don't hesitate to share your convictions of the Gospel. The media articles I've read often mention how you feel your life has been blessed through tithes and other Church service. As a political figure, you are also such a wonderful representative of the Gospel. Thank you for that.

I'm currently living in Arlington, Virginia. After your family car accident, the media kept showing a picture of you and your wife with your six grown children. It was such a beautiful sight. Your family radiates love, happiness, and the beauty of Gospel living. Amongst other political scandals, your family photo was such an amazing testament of Truth to the world.

Thank you again for being such a wonderful example to our country. As a Later-day Saint and Democrat, I only hope I can do as much good for our Church and our political party as you have.

Thank you,
Alizabeth Szilagyi

p.s. Keep up the good work on health care reform!"

Also, a big thanks to my mom, who taught me the power of Thank You cards by example.

Ben told me not to get my hopes up that he'd ever see this card, but on the outside envelope I'm begging the receiver to at least give it to his wife, Leandra.

2 comments:

Claudia said...

Very well said. I too hope he receives it. It would let him know he has an ally or two in the west desert of Utah.
I love you sis! Have a great week.
Pa

Cami said...

I realize you probably didn't realize I read your blog every once in a while, but I just had to comment - I learned the power of a thank you card from your mother's example, too. I received many, many of them from her while she was in the Young Women. She has a neat way of making people feel special and appreciated, and I've tried to follow her example.

Cami (Hansen) Sabin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...