Saturday, July 31, 2010

Baby Shower

My amazing mama threw me a baby shower while I was in Utah. It was lovely and low key which is just the perfect size and level of entertainment for moi. Almost all my favorite people were there. Of course, there are no photos of the hostess her self cause my ma won't ever let us snap one of her. But here are all the other guests.
My gorgeous Aunt's. I can't go all the way to Delta without seeing these lovely ladies. And it actually is harder now that my folks don't live on 4000 W with the rest of the Bassett clan. I swear they get younger each time I see them. I know I have Aunt Jackie's legs, sure hope I get her aging grace! Laura obviously isn't my aunt, but I loved spending the weekend watching her parent. I hope I am half as patient a mom as she is!

Two of Ben's sisters made the journey down to Delta. I was so surprised when they showed up without calling to ask if they were lost. Bizzie claims she was sure they were but Jessica kept reassuring her their final destination really was in the middle of nowhere. Jess is due just about a week before me, we're so excited to have little cousins so close. They are having a girl, and I know that makes all the other Szilagyi girls super excited to get one of each at the same time. They are such good Aunts.
A portion of my best-est life long friends. Haley and I were practically twins growing up. We really did everything together! That is one advantage to not having a sister -- my mom loved Haley so much and wanted me to have a girl to play with, so Haley came on just about all our family vacations and slept over all summer long. Marie and I were spiritual soulmates through our teen years. We really had some of the best life conversations and I don't know what I would have ever done with out her. I always felt like Heavenly Father knew we needed to be friends. And I know life would never have been half so fun without Ali. We didn't do anything without each other once we got our driver licenses. And when I say anything, I really mean it: part-time jobs, road trips, school sports/activities/clubs . . . we did everything together and never regretted any of it. I've always felt bad for girls who insist boys make the best friends, I can't imagine ever having missed out on any of my fun times with these girls. Boys shmoys!
Unless there as cute as this one! My little Maxoroni noodle was my present passer. It's funny how each kid has their own instilled personality. Max's has always been sweet sweet sweet.

Can't wait to find out what Reid's is! I just can't quite make it out from all his kicks yet.

2 comments:

Claudia said...

So enjoyed your post honey! Almost as much as I enjoyed your baby shower! Mom

Jen said...

Awww, I wish I could have been there!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...