Sunday, August 1, 2010

Family History

I've always loved to hear the stories of my ancestors. Still, I've never really been into family history. I guess I just always figured "it's done."

Yesterday I logged onto newfamilysearch.com for the first time, and turns out I'm right. It's all done. I can't imagine my family history goes back any further, and everyone's temple work is completed or reserved. I actually did have to add my maternal grandmother to my tree, and once I did all her ancestors back to 1655 jumped on my tree with her. It was AMAZING to me. Technology is genius.

I would encourage everyone (LDS or not) to make an account on this site. Any information any of your family members (no matter how distant) adds will go right onto your family tree; much like when I added my maternal grandmother.

3 comments:

Polly Blevins said...

Everyone says how much they love that site. I am like you, I always assume it is already done. I guess I should just log in and find out.

Claudia said...

I need to get into geneology and guess what my dear...it is never always done! Never! Love ya and my baby Reid! Mom

Heidi said...

Hi, I haven't looked at your blog FOREVER! I feel like I have been running around all summer and am getting a minute to catch up! I just scanned through your posts and it all sounds so fun! Bummer that I missed your baby shower. It looked fun! Oh and btw your comment on my blog cracked me up. I'm glad you know I could never give up food. Really. It's the running I think that is doing all the nice work. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...