Sunday, April 3, 2011

Sunday Evening

A couple different times now, I've thought to myself . . . "Baby is asleep, what do I need to grade?"  or "It's Sunday night, are my lesson plans set?"

It's weird how months after the career is gone, the habits linger.  The mind is a tricky thing to change.


Tonight I asked Ben if it still feels "surreal" that we have a child.  I know most parents say things like "I don't remember life before now" or "I can't imagine what it was like WAY back then."  Though I understand their implications, I feel like just last night I crawled into bed in a whole other city, with a whole other life.  Not in a sad, longing way.  But in a grateful, wow my life is full way.  My opportunities rich, my blessings overflowing.

2 comments:

Casie said...

I know exactly how you feel. I haven't taught for the past three years and even then, I only taught for two years and there are still times I feel like that. And every end of July/ beginning of August, I always get the itch that I should be prepping my classroom, but I have no room to prep. :) Just very well said, Liz.

Claudia said...

Your life is full and rich. Now you just have one very important little student instead of a room full! Your opportunities to teach him last a life time and take place constantly. Greatest teaching job you have ever had sis!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...