Saturday, May 21, 2011

What'd you do this Saturday?

Don't you just love weekends where you actually DO something?  I do!   So here's what we've been up to today.

I packed us some apples and Peanut Butter and Honey sandwiches and we went back up to the WIOUWASH trail.  It rained on us, but who cares.

This field of dandelions was breathtaking, especially for a noxious weed.  We also found some exotic mushrooms, orioles, and bluebirds, just to name a few.  The vegitation along the trail really is amazing. 

 Afterward we decided to take the long way home and go around the lakes (there are about 4 lakes right here in Winnebago county, and we drove around two of them).  It was such a gorgeous country ride.  Reid had a wonderful nap and Ben and I coveted some of the lots and homes.  I would love to live in the country again.

 This little man is in love with cereal!  His mamma's boy.
 It is by far the messiest food we have given him to date.

So, I guess our afternoon/evening was actually filled with nothing and that matched the venture of our morning quiet nicely.  

After Ben made the below prize toy for Reid, I decided pizza and cookies would be the dinner of choice.  It was such a fantastic night.
 And we weren't raptured, even though Ben thought Reid was "zombie attacking" him during their photo shoot.  
How couldn't a day with these two boys be perfect?

5 comments:

Claudia said...

Your day looked and sounded WONDERFUL!! Can't wait to come visit and see the sights and hear the sounds of your new place. Especially the sight and sound of my little Reid, who looks so dang cute with those fingers in his mouth!!!! Love ya, Mom

Unknown said...

What fun photos. I'm missing you three. Won't be too much longer now.
Love, Pa

Polly Blevins said...

That field is beautiful. So are the two people in it. Is Reid sleeping better and have you kind of got the night routine figured out? I sure hope so.

Jodi Rae said...

That looks fun! I love the rapture fort, I am glad we all made it! I also love Reid's little hat. So cute!

hannah said...

I'm so terrible at leaving comments but I do love checking in on your blog. These are my favorite kind of weekends! Reid is such a handsome little devil. I think he looks so much like you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...