Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Napping House

Reid takes the longest naps!  Does it sound like I'm complaining?  Go back and read it in a complaining voice.  Reid takes the longest naps!

I would love this ... if he slept well at night. Correction, if he slept well in the morning.

He goes to bed just fine at night. Ben and I love watching him crawl into his little bed all by himself, and the smile on his face tells us he knows what a big boy he is and he is proud of himself. Totally adorable.

The foot steps I hear thudding down the hall at 4:00am, not so adorable.

This wake up problem isn't connected to the big boy bed. He's been in a big boy bed for over a month now, and he slept till 6:00 for weeks.

The only explanation I can think of is that he just naps too long.  He sleeps for about 3 hours everyday. I love the break, I love the rest I get ... but I think I'd rather have him sleep a full 11 hours at night, and only take a 1&1/2 nap. But does that mean I have to start waking him up during nap time? Ugh, what if that backfires?


This post has no point, other than I'm just killing time waiting for Reid to wake up and play with me.

Oh, and I don't want any "put him to bed later" comments. Doesn't work. Actually, the later we put him to bed the earlier he wakes up AND he's grouchy the whole next day. I just can't figure him out lately!

3 comments:

Polly Blevins said...

I am never for putting kids to bed later. I don't know about you but I need some down time and some alone time with my husband. I would put him back in bed and make his stay there until 6. He will either learn to fall back asleep until then or learn how to play by himself for 2 hours. You are going to have a new baby coming and that means all night feedings. Hopefully you can help his reset his internal clock before then. You will need as much sleep as you can get. Then again, maybe you will be a lucky one whose baby just sleeps 8 hours a night naturally. I sure hope so.

Claudia said...

Yeah Polly! Great advice. Be firm Mom. I know what a wet noodle you are, but you gotta change. Two kids might do you in if you don't get some "tough love" going! Like I tell parents from time to time -- who is the adult here?

Love ya. Pa

Liz Szilagyi said...

Hmm hmmm, excuse me father? Who said I wasn't putting him back in his bed at 4 am? Then again sometimes at 5, and 5:30. But yeah, once it is close to 6 we just give in and let him snuggle.

He did sleep till 6 on his own this morning, and he did take only a 2 hour nap yesterday, so I really think that might be it.

Bye bye 3 hour naps.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...