Sunday, April 21, 2013

Return From Tomorrow

When I was about 20-years-old my mother handed me a little pearl. It came disguised as a book, a rather worn book, titled "Return From Tomorrow." I'm not sure why she decided it was time for me to read it. But she handed it to me with a simple introduction, "We read this in a Psychology class I took at BYU."

Less than 12 hours later my whole outlook on life had changed.

I'm home in Delta, Utah right now. Within 24 hours of arrival at my parents house I knelt down on the hardwood floor and scoured the family bookshelf in hopes of finding that worn out book. Despite the sleep deprivation of travelling, a toddler with the flu, and just regular old worn-out-mommy stuff, I had to finish that book as quickly as possible.

I absolutely love it. It is still as life changing as it was the first time I read it.

One day I may share more details, or perhaps a list of all the life changing books I've read (Measure for Measure, Anna Karenina, The Book of Mormon (of course), and a few others I might need a minute to think about), but for now ... I'll just demand you get your hands on a copy of Return From Tomorrow. I'm sure it is out of print, and probably not in your local library. But do what you can to find it. Read it.

Change your life.

2 comments:

Elise said...

I read the synopsis of this and now I can't wait to read it. I'm reading it for sure! Thanks!

Claudia said...

It is a great little book!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...