Thursday, January 2, 2014

Soups On

It is soup weather for sure. The high next Monday is -11. Ouch!

I don't think I'd ever made a soup before we moved to Wisconsin. Now, I could make soup every day for the entire month of January. Soup seems to be the highlight of this cold, cold weather.

It is hard to explain to Reid that it is too cold to go outside. Unless it gets above 0, I won't even take the kids out for errands. It honestly pains the skin to be exposed to this kind of cold, even for a brief moment. Everyday he looks out the window and asks, " is it warmer yet, mommy?"

So day after day, for most of the month of January, we will not leave the house. And on days like today, Ben will go to work as soon as he wakes up, he'll come home just in time for soup, and then he'll head to church for meetings.

The flavor combinations of fennel seed and basil, split peas and barley, wild rice and Turkey, will be my only escape to an outside world. Yummy, warm soup is literally the highlight of my day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yum, yum. Wish we were there!
Love, Pa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...