Friday, March 21, 2014

Friday Night Quick Takes

1. Somehow I totally forgot about these adorable cowboy construction worker pictures! We took them yesterday, just after the original ones I posted. I didn't come across them while I was editing photos last night, but when I remembered them this afternoon I just had to share. Enjoy!




Gosh, I love this kid so much. 

2. Sadly, his stutter was so bad during the late morning that he simply refused to talk. For about 30 minutes he wouldn't even open his mouth, other than to say "I I I I I I I I I I I I wa wa wa wa wa wa wa wa wa wa wa -- I can't tell it!" I can't tell it is his new phrase. I hear it more than two dozen times a day now. Sigh. This too shall pass. 

3. Nell is so stinkin sweet I could die. She'll just randomly start cleaning up during certain parts of the day. She loves to put things away, not quite as much as she loves to take them out -- but still, I'm quite impressed that she picks up toys (among other things) without being asked. 

4. We had homemade chicken noodle soup for dinner. Not totally from scratch (store bought noodles and stock), but definitely not a short cut version. I make meals that are much, much more complicated, but for some reason I rarely create American classics, so it felt like a triumph. 

5. For weeks I've been wanting to write a post about a spiritual epiphany I've been stewing on for over a month. I don't know why I'm so hesitant to write it all out. In brief, I've realized the story in John 8: 2-11 (always a favorite of mine) isn't just about refraining from judgement, it is about refraining from condemnation. Maybe that isn't so profound to others, but lately it has meant a lot to me. 


6. Earlier this week we had a music themed play date. The kids made their own tambourines and banjos. The two crafts were really easy and sound surprisingly decent. Most the kids there were more interested in playing with our toys than our instruments, but I enjoy theme based play dates. Even if the theme only lasts about 10 to 15 minutes.  


7.  I can't think of a seventh thing, but most my previous quick takes have seven, so I feel like I need seven. Grrr. I love Ben. I love him, I love him, I love him! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Reid will overcome his stuttering. Meanwhile you need to relax and not draw any attention whatsoever to it. Enough advice. Love you...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...