Friday, May 2, 2014

Losing Ben

My husband is awesome. I just love him. But did you know he's lost more than 100 lbs in just over a year? Yup, 100 pounds!

First, he lost 60 in a 7 month period. He did this by simply eating less and exercising daily. He hit a comfortable weight and kind of stalled out -- even putting about 10 pounds back on by the middle of last fall. As the holidays approached he was motivated to participate in our Y's "maintain, not gain" program and he did awesome. He actually lost weight at the end of 2013.

That's also when he started counting calories and really getting serious about a weight lifting program. From the beginning of the holiday season till now he's lost an additional 45 lbs. Pretty inspirational, and pretty simple when you stop and think about it.

He is slightly slimmer than when we married, and he does plan on continuing the weight loss. Overall I'm just so happy for him and so proud of him. Shedding 100 pounds is a lot of work, slow and steady work.

Before:


After: 



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Ben. That is awesome. I'm very happy for you. Wish I had the same willpower! Love, Scott

Kelli said...

When I saw your most recent family picture posted on facebook I thought "Wow! He looks amazing!!" That is so great! Good for him.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...