Sunday, June 29, 2014

Adventures in Salt Lake City



Ben's sister Katie headed back to Logan, Utah last night and his sister Jessica had to work today. So he and I took the three little kids all around Salt Lake City. First, we made a trip to Costco for some diapers, wipes, snacks, and an early lunch.

Next, we went to the Natural History Museum of Utah. The architecture of the building itself is fascinating, but all the dinosaurs inside were what really took our breathe away. I'm not sure how many people know this, but Utah is a hot bed for dinosaurs and other fossils. Dozens of different dinos have been discovered right here in my home state. Pretty cool.

The museum had so many discovery and education stations and lots of hands on exploration for kids. It was hard to get any good pictures of our three buddies in action, but there was so much for them to touch and learn. Just my kind of museum!



Last stop was Temple Square. The kids loved all the water features, especially the creek that runs right along side the sidewalk by the conference center. Downtown Salt Lake really is one of my favorite cities. It is just the perfect balance of city life, family life, and natural beauty.





Having fun by the creek

Teaching the kids about the scars in Christ's palms.

For dinner we met back up with Jessica at In-N-Out Burger. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, Five Guys is a billion times better. In-N-Out is better than say, McDonald's (although a couple patrons did have McDonald's dinners at their table), but it is NOT better than Five Guys. Not even a competition, really.

Our last stop before finally heading to our final destination was the airport, to pick up Grandpa and Jane Beckwith. They were at a meeting in Reno, Nevada, regarding their Topaz Museum Project. Hopefully the next time I come to Delta I'll get to tour the museum myself.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...