Saturday, June 21, 2014

Farewell Nauvoo


Saturday was pretty simple. We went to the Temple as a stake and had our picture taken all together. Then we went to the visitor's center to watch Joseph Smith: Prophet of the Restoration. I think I prefer the original version better. There are many similarities, and I'm glad they made a version that is more missionary/You Tube minded, but I loved hearing the story of Joseph Smith and the Restoration as told by an immigrant convert, crossing the seas to settle in Nauvoo.

After the movie we had a testimony meeting. It was held in a grove of trees where Joseph often preached to the Saints in Nauvoo. Only one of the eight girls from my congregation shared her testimony, but I pray each of their testimonies were strengthened through out the trip.

We didn't get back home until about 10:00 pm and I had to wake up early Sunday morning for Ward Council. It truly was a packed vacation, but still a fabulous one.






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...