Tuesday, June 24, 2014

I need to check my calendar more often

Today was one of those days ... when at 9:55 a.m. I remembered I had something to do and somewhere to be at 10:00 a.m.  Oh, and that somewhere was nearly 45 minutes away. Oops!

So the kids and I made an ill-prepared trip up to Kaukauna, but not after struggling for more than 30 minutes to put Reid's car seat back together.

Despite the stress and rush of the morning, our outing was quiet fun. Also, it was resourceful ... since Nell needed new diapers and Babies R Us happened to have a sale going on. Reid insisted on visiting the toy side of the store, and we agreed he could if he remained in the cart the entire time and did not ask for a single toy. I was so proud of him. It was right at nap time and he still followed the rules. He and Nell napped all the way home, and when I pulled into the garage we all napped a little bit longer.  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...