Sunday, October 19, 2014

My Underwear

Before Church I stumbled across this new video release from The Church of Jesus Christ of Later-day Saints.



I love how informative it is. I love the tie to other religious dress. Overall, I think it is a really well done video. 

But ... but, it still just felt so weird to watch it all. For the full 31 years of my life I was taught how sacred (not secret, but sacred) temple garments and clothing are. I knew I was not to show them to anyone or talk in great detail about them outside the temple and/or my marriage. So it just felt weird. I wanted to share it, but I also didn't want to come across as saying "Hey, learn some cool stuff about my underwear!" I did, however; come up with the status line I'd use to share it, "this is why I hate changing in the locker room." I totally hide out in the bathroom every time and I'm sure the old ladies wonder why. 

Overall I think the video will do a great job of clearing up misconceptions. I would love to share it with anyone who has questions about Temple garments and rituals. Considering all the misinformation that is on the internet in regards to "Mormon magical underwear" and our temple ceremonies, I'm actually surprised the Church didn't make something like this earlier. As Ben said on our evening family walk, people who want to know what they look like can find them on google, so the Church might as well be the top search result.

I totally agree. 



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ditto!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...