Thursday, December 4, 2014

1985 -- My Favorite Ornament


In 1985 my parents did not buy us ornaments that captured our year. I'm guessing their budget was tight (three kids age 6 and under with #4 on the way), so instead they let us each choose an ornament from the tree that would become ours (ours were stored in a separate box and never used to decorate until we were old enough to have our own trees). In 1985 I would have just turned three-years-old, and I passed up all the cute snowmen and Santa Clauses for this simple nativity scene. Simple, but gorgeous. 

I have always, always, loved the purity of this Creche. I remember getting our ornament boxes out each year and excitedly handling each special one. And every year I spent a few extra minutes gazing at the wonder of the Christ child and His loving parents. You can't tell from this picture, but it hangs by a star. Those four simple things -- The Savior of the world, His loving mother and father, and the Star always felt so powerful in my tiny hands. 

Absolutely my favorite. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...