Sunday, December 21, 2014

Blessed

I've been reserving this day for a post about Coraline's delivery, but I just can't get around to it. And I want the story to be authentic when I write it, so it will just have to be published on whatever day that is -- might not be until January.

For now, I'll just give you the short version, the highlights if you will.
  • It was a quick delivery. Just over 4 hours total.
  • The Midwife on call was AMAZING. I was so blessed to have her.
  • It was a water birth. Judge away, I don't care. Best. Delivery. Ever. 
  • Essential oils and soft, classical music were also present.
  • And screaming and swears -- because as awesome as the experience was, it was still labor.
  • Coraline Margaret is the name we settled on (months and months ago). Really, it was Nell who made the final decision. From the get go it was between Nara and Coraline and one morning I casually asked Nell which one we should use, and she referred to my belly as baby Coraline from that moment on. We're fine with the nickname Cora, but probably won't use it ourselves. 
  • She weighed 10 pounds, 10 ounces and was 22 inches long. The whole room had their eyes on that monitor, anxiously awaiting the final tally. 
  • She came three days late and on her maternal Grandfather's birthday (I was due on my maternal Grandfather's birthday but came three days early). 
As for today, the hospital stay has been great. As you saw, the big kids came by yesterday and now Ben and I have a couple days to bond with our new little girly. And to try and catch up on some sleep. I have missed so much sleep these last two days. But I am blessed.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love that little bundle of joy!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...