Saturday, July 16, 2016

Final Day in Utah


For our final day in Utah we headed north to spend the afternoon with the Szilagyi cousins. Reid and Henry were immediate buddies and ran around Aunt Bizzie's house like crazy wild boys having the time of their life. I was surprised by Nell's more calm and reserved nature. Usually she is right in there with the boys, but maybe all the extra babies around helped her feel more subdued.

Bizzie and I went to the Salt Lake Temple for about an hour's worth of temple work. I was so glad she wanted to go with me, as getting to the temple was one of my Utah "to do's." Back at her place we enjoyed a pizza dinner and then a walk to the neighborhood elementary school for some playground time. The kids really enjoyed staying at Henry's house and will definitely convince you that their favorite part of visiting Utah was playing with all their cousins. It's fun to see how important cousin time is to my little kiddos.

We had Bizzie and Steve's whole basement to ourselves, but somehow I ended up in a room with all three kiddos. Ha! I didn't think they'd do as well in a new place and separate rooms, so we made it work best for us. Reid and Nell both passed out and were even hard to arouse the next morning. But we had to get up early to catch our flight out of SLC.

Aunt Lauren picked us up and took us to the airport. The kids were excited to get back to Wisconsin, and most importantly, to Daddy. They were great little travelers and though the SLC airport was busier than the O'Hare, we were bumped up to pre-approved TSA so things went a little smoother. Maybe I've finally traveled enough they realize I'm not a terrorist, and only a threat when made cranky by the inabilities of people to give a pregnant lady and her three small kids a little space.

We loved our time out in Utah and can't wait to do it again next summer. The moment we got home the kids were already asking me why we can't see Grandma and Grandpa Bassett more. We sure were spoiled for those two weeks. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...