Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Nell's First Fieldtrip

Nell went on her first ever fieldtrip today. She was pretty excited about it! I love seeing her face beam when she is eager for something new and fun like this. Yesterday she kept mentioning how long the fieldtrip would be. "You'll drop me off in the morning at the same time Reid goes to school. And I won't come home until the afternoon. I'm going to be like a Kindergartner!"

As I prepared her sack lunch this morning we went over all the things she would need to bring. Reid pipped up, "And you'll need an extra pair of clothes." I couldn't help but laugh. When he went on this same fieldtrip two years ago he may have wet his pants and needed a change of clothes. Man, that boy was so horrified of port-a-potties. Heck, he's just barely getting over that fear. At least he was discreet about it. After lunch (he drank a full water bottle) they took a hay ride out to the pumpkin patch. On their way back from the patch he stood up off the hay bale and one of the mom's noticed he was pretty wet. None of the other kids near him were, so it wasn't the hay bale that had soaked his pants. Rather, he had soaked the hay bale.

But back to Nell. I always say Nell has been ready for school since age 3. And she really has been. She is so eager to learn, and she's confident when she tries new things. I'm surprised to see just a little bit of anxiety shine through for big moments like this. I'm so grateful she gets to test those nerves and come home proud of her new accomplishments.

She sure enjoyed her day at the farm. She told me her favorite part was riding a horse. She also loved her snack lunch, and was super excited to tell me one of the mom's shared a sugar cookie with her. When I dropped her off this morning I just had to snag a picture -- to try and capture all that excitement. When I picked her (and Dougie) up this afternoon that same smile was spread all across her face. I sure love that adventurous Nell Bell!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...