Tuesday, October 24, 2017

On the Phone with my Mom

I was on the phone with my mom when I started making the frosting for Reid's birthday today. Yes, it's his birthday today, yet this funny conversation is what I'm choosing to blog about. Anyway.

I pulled the cream cheese out of the fridge and said "Crap, my cream cheese expired two weeks ago."

C: "Oh, that's not what those dates mean. It should be fine. Try a little bit of it."

A: "I usually don't mind something a couple days past the date, but you really think it's okay if it's been two weeks?"

C: "It's been in the fridge the whole time? I mean, you haven't used any of it and it's unopened?"

A: "Yeah."

C: "Well taste it and see."

A: "Oh, I might have one in the -- " (opens freezer) "Ah, nope. This is all I've got if I want this frosting."

C: "Oh it's for the frosting, then it should really be fine. Why don't you taste it?"

A: Sniffing it after I finally open it up, "Well, it smells fine."

C: "Taste it!"

A: "How? Just plain? I don't really like plain cream cheese." I scoop a little out with my fingernail and finally taste it.

C: "Really, you don't? I love it. Put it on a cracker or piece of toast."

A: "Well, I tasted it and it's kind of sour, but that could be because it's low fat."

C: "Oh, it's low fat. Then chuck it! I don't do low fat. Can't you tell? That's gross, throw it out."

Oh man, I love my phone calls with my mom!

But also, the frosting was fine.


Both Reid and Nell's birthday posts are coming up. I promise!

2 comments:

Claudia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Claudia said...

Ba ha ha my secrets are out!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...