Monday, February 10, 2014

Room share

Reid is pretty convinced he will sleep better if he shares a room with Nell. I'm convinced too. He hates being left alone at night.

This is the boy who used to tell us to "leave my room" the moment nightly prayers were over. I don't know what happened or what caused the change. All I know is he refuses to sleep with the door closed. "Leave the door opened a little bit" is his new parting phrase, and if out of habit we close it all the way he immediately starts crying! At the beginning of the new year he also decided he was scared of the dark. We (and really, I should say Grandma and Grandpa) bought him a small dresser lamp and a 7-watt light bulb, so he no longer has to sleep in the dark (aka w/ his sun/moon night light and glow in the dark planets as the only light source).

Anyway, if you are reading this and inclined to have an opinion, please share. Do you think he'll do better with a roommate? Will having a roommate cause disruption in Nell's sleep cycle? She sleeps so well, but if she is ever woken up in the middle of the night she has a horrible time going back to bed. I'm willing to try it and admit failure if it doesn't work out for Nell. 

Advice welcomed.  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you ever share a room with anyone? I honestly can't remember...

Liz Szilagyi said...

I do remember sharing that big upstairs bedroom with the Matthew and Jon (they were in bunks). I'm not sure how long that was for. I remember it because they taught me how to "moon," and one night I snuck out of the room and mooned you two while you were watching TV. I think I was moved into the Nursery with Philly the next day :). You were not happy about my big brothers teaching me how to moon! But mostly I do just remember having my own room. I remember being a little scared when you took Philly out of the nursery, that's probably when I started talking to myself.

Troy and Lisa said...

Do it! My girl moved herself into her baby brother's room last summer and they love it. She even slept through him waking and screaming for feedings, and when I let him cry it out to learn to sleep. He got used to looking for her in there and just points and giggles at her if she's still sleeping when he wakes up in the morning. Her fears of the dark and being alone we're relatively new too. She asked to sleep in my room one night and I told her no, but she could sleep with Brady. It was done. She moved in. Occasionally she sleeps in her room, as punishment for goofing off and keeping him up, or nights she just randomly chooses her room. It's weird, though, they both fall asleep faster, and stay asleep longer, when they're together. Plus, it melts my heart to check on them and see and hear both my babies sleeping in one room. Don't know why, but I love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...