Sunday, March 31, 2019

Four and Two are my Favorites!

As Coraline raced through the rec department gym yesterday, swimming with her turtle, I turned to the grandmother next to me, patted Coraline on the head and said "Four is my favorite!"

"Oh, they are wonderful at all stages for different reasons," she replied.

I can't remember exactly how I responded, something about how fun it is to snuggle a newborn (I know this grandma just had a new grandchild born last week -- which is why she has been taking the 4-year-old grandson to class with Coraline). 

But right after I said it I thought "but you don't sleep ... and you're always trying to make them comfortable ... and they don't really interact back yet ... so yeah, I do love four more" Of course every stage has it's wonder about it, but four and two are definitely my favorite!

When I look back on this Fall, when I had a three and a half year old and a 21 month old at home with me all day, I don't remember loving it quiet like I do this spring -- while I have a four and two year old home with me all day.

These two have been such a sensational joy lately, and I'm just soaking it all in. I can't believe this will be the last time I ever have two little bugs home with me all day. It's bittersweet to see it come to an end.


I recently took them to the Children's Museum in Appleton. They just played and played and played. 

Mara treated me like the paparazzi I was -- running from every shot I tried to capture.





Back at home each day, they just giggle themselves silly with all the fun games they make up. They really have become quite the buddies and playmates these past few months. I'm so grateful for their sisterly bond, their beautiful blue eyes, their sweet hugs and kisses, and all the little moments I have to enjoy them. 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...